Posted: Friday, May 12, 2017 12:08 AM
Benefits Offered Medical, Life, Dental
We are looking for a competent CNC Operator to use computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinery safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions. Your job is important since some materials are not easy to shape or handle manually or with conventional equipment.
CNC Operators are highly skilled professionals, able to work with great concentration and precision. They must be responsible and comply with all safety guidelines. A keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude are also essential.
The goal is to produce high quality parts and materials by programming machines to perform the right operations in a timely manner using due dates and company goals to set priorities.
· Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, milling etc.
· Comply with all safety requirements
· Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
· Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function through use of computer-aid machining software (CAM) such as MasterCAM
· Work closely with engineering to ensure accuracy of data provided for machining
· Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
· Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
· Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
· Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
· Manage work flow through machines using due dates and company goals
· Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
· Check and maintain machinery and supplies daily to ensure functionality
· Proven experience as CNC operator
· Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings and communicate effectively and respectfully with engineering regarding documents.
· Ability to keep good records
· Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
· MasterCAM programming experience
· Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
· A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
· Effective and respectful communication skills
· Ability to work with others to accomplish goals
· High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in engineering or relevant discipline is a plus
Please send resumes to email@example.com
• Location: Ft Wayne
• Post ID: 23141378 fortwayne